Monday, January 11, 2010

Hey I'm Just Not That Clever...


I've heard this before. Believe it or not.

...It comes as a poor excuse to gain sympathy. Often, you'll hear it portrayed as, "Well, you know...I just wasn't born with an imagination"...Or (my favorite, "I'm just not gifted and talented like some people are"...

...and Hey thats true! Some people are born without the inherent ability to be creative, spunky, artistic, innovative. Truth be told, I may as well be one of the worst artists alive.

Those people will just make excuses. All their life.


...So right now you're thinking...k this guy is a jerk...he is exposing the inner feelings of how incompetent I feel about my abilities...



NAAAAAA! Thats not my goal.

My goal today is to address (whomever falls upon my soap box) those young men who claim the inability to meet the "Silent Requirements" so wonderfully and cleverly vested upon them by our lovely female counterparts.

Mkay...let's make some headway!

The other day, in all seriousness, I had this discussion with a friend...

"Hey we called things off, to give her time to get her emotions straight".
(BTW--that is very mature. He is handling this aspect very maturely)

I, responded with my praise saying, "Good, thats mature of you and it shows you that she is dedicated to being responsible in approaching you in a possible relationship with you in the future".

Then I asked,...

...

...,"but you're still talking to her, Riiiiight?"



...


"No, I told her to expect not to hear from me".


"WHY!? Why not?"

...(here comes the excuse of a lifetime), " Well because whenever this type of deal happens, I shut down and don't act like myself".

"But _ _ _ _, You can't tell me that you love this girl and want to marry her in one sentence, and then go on to tell me that you are going to simply stop talking to her...."

(Okay, I'm done with the dialogue)

Do you see what I see? Now riddle me this: Why on God's beautiful green Earth are we so presumptuous in our assumptions that we are unable to control our own actions, selves, and deeds?

I'm confused here. Question: When did it become popular to relegate our God-given bodily and mind control, so that we can feel sorry for ourselves....?

Answer: Apparently long ago.

No, not me. I' m a self-starter, which I understand is rare today, but how rare? And why?

NEXT

Riddle me this: Why is it that we, males, can claim the inability to be fun and creative on dates with supposed "ones we want to marry"? (Girls, that should be a bigger red flag that he "ain't the one to marry")

Dating takes a level of commitment. Steady dating with intention to, "PUT A RING ON IT! AHAHAH", takes a larger sense of commitment. Much larger. If you can't own up to the levels of commitment, don't play the game!

Now I have to be careful here. I realize that to get married, you have to play around a bit. You have to experience life and culture, until you can accept maturity and become wiser and older and get married.

Notice: I did not ever mention, or have ever heard/mentioned that its "cool" or "okay" to spend five to ten years trying to articulate the "Hitch-Approach" and become a modern day Casanova. Good luck with that!



"Coincidently",

I have spent the past 18 months delving and pondering into the advice I have received from widowed women, currently married or engaged people and have received wonderful opinions.

Among most of these people that I have "interviewed" per se, have been WOMEN. All, unsurprisingly, have given me the EXACT level of consistent advice.

I can see now, what I didn't before. We have responsibilities and, "Silent Requirements", that if we don't cope with...we will most likely sink in this "sink-or-swim world.

Men...guys...boys...keep it simple, keep it romantic...be respective, on time, loving, attentive...find your 'Queen' and treat her like she is on. Not the opposite.

Say, "Goodbye", to those awfully high divorce rates and become a rarity. Become a man in this today's society and be awesome, creative, responsible, and above else; willing and able.




Thanks guys, We'll see ya'!

No comments:

Post a Comment